Monday 24 September 2012

Writing Inventory


     During my spare time, I do tend to write a little bit. It may not be a short story, nor a novel, I usually release my thoughts on paper about how much I hate or love someone. My favorite writer would have to be Lisa Schroeder, simply because she wrote my favorite book, "I Heart You, You Haunt Me".
     The type of writing that comes easy for me would have to be informal writing. Essay writing is definitely more difficult for me mainly because most times I can't relate anything in an essay to my everyday life. I mostly get my writing ideas from what is happening around me. Such as happy, sad, and angry emotions.
     A piece of writing that I am especially proud of is a poem written about the love and bond me and my 'Grandaddy' have shared. I usually produce 1-2 drafts before completing a piece of writing, but with my poem I didn't change anything.
     When I write, I believe that my voice is my biggest strength, just because when I write, I write the same way as I speak. As for my weaknesses, I have a difficult time being creative.  My favorite subject to write about would have to be drama because it includes love and hate relationships.
     My goals for this semester would be improving on all of my writing flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment